Monday, March 4, 2013

So I FAILED!

Yep, you read that right I failed my Glucose Tolerance Test.  I haven't talked to my doctor yet, but I see her on Wednesday and I am sure we will map out a plan from there.  Here are the results:
  • Fasting - 72 - supposed to be (65 - 95) - So that one came back Awesome, but that was the only one
  • 1 hour - 201 - supposed to be (65 - 180) - Yeah that ain't good. YIKES!
  • 2 hour - 199 - supposed to be (65 - 155) - Even worse!
  • 3 hour - 141 - supposed to be (65 - 140) - Still high, but it looks like my body tried to do something.
Anyways, I am very sad, but I have started my research into meal plans and hope that this is something that I can take care of.  Hopefully I only have to do this for the next 10 weeks and this doesn't become a thing for me.  OK, really I HATE this, I have never had to seriously stick to a diet.  Sure I did the glutton free, dairy free, low sugar, and low carbs to get pregnant, but I only had to stick to it for 80% of the time and occasionally I could sneak in some sugar, but this just suck.   Mostly because I have to do this, my baby and I  depend on it and I am scared that I will have issues.  I LOVE food and I don't like to moderate myself.  Plus lately I love to eat!  Ugh, sorry for the complaining, don't get me wrong I am grateful to be pregnant and even knowing this I would still do it all over again.  I am still mad though and sad.  Hope everyone else is doing great!

Until next time,

Olivia

5 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry you didn't pass :( I'm sure your doctor will give you plenty of info and advice but let me know if you need ideas food wise. I lived on a PCOS low carb diet for years to control sugar levels and weight. You can absolutely do 10 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will and thanks I am pretty sure I can handle this.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I had to cancel mine for today and reschedule for Friday. I'm desperately hoping to pass mine, but I've not been craving sweets at all lately. My friend IRL took hers last week and couldn't even finish the test so they put her on the GD diet. I hope the dietary guidelines aren't too hard for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you pass too! I'm not sure if there are any indicators. I did fine taking the I test just my numbers did not come back well. I don't think will have too hard a time. Good luck on yours!

      Delete