Monday, March 25, 2013

DH and Pregnancy

So I always kind of wondered how my hubby would handle pregnancy and I have to say he is quite comical.
  • He always says I am crafting a baby.  This comes from his gaming hobby in which characters craft or create something.
  • He calls our little guy "move-it, move-it guy" because he is constantly on the move or so it seems.
  • He absolutely loves to feel him move and kick and loves to watch as the baby sticks various body parts out.  I say various because we are not sure what the little guy is doing in there.
  • He always tells him to be a good boy and at first I wasn't sure what he meant by this because I could see no way that our son was being naughty.  But apparently if he kicks my ribs or bladder then he is being naughty, which he doesn't do to often, thank heavens.  Added note here: the concern with my ribs is that I broke a couple of them a few years back and I am afraid that this little guy will re-break them as I have heard it could happen plus it doesn't feel too good when he hits them as occasionally I have residual pain.
  • He is always telling baby boy that it is wake up time or sleep time depending.  He is hoping to have him trained by the time he is born.
  • We are not naming him until he is born, because my hubby has to see him first.  I kind of understand, but I have made a list because we are not looking through thousands of names to name him.
  • For a while he liked to drum on my belly, but then I said he had to quit that as baby boy already makes somethings sore.  I don't need daddy helping.
I love how my hubby thinks because he always has me laughing.

Olivia

6 comments:

  1. Hoping that your ribs don't break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he doesn't really kick them that often so I should be fine.

      Delete
  2. LOL. Crafting a baby. That's terribly cute and probably something I would say. Let me know if you're in womb sleep training ends up working :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I will let you know, but my hubby is not really consistent so I don't think it will. :)

      Delete
  3. Your husband sounds adorable! Mine pokes at my belly trying to get baby boy to move. I told him they're not allowed to gang up on me yet, but that doesn't stop him.

    I really hope he doesn't break a rib. I know I cracked one of my mom's and I worry about this little one doing it to me because of this thing called karma. ;)

    ReplyDelete