Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fortune Teller Game...

I have been looking back at the past lately and for good reason to remember where I've been.  I was thinking to 3 years back specifically right before I embarked on my TTC journey and I had this train of thought:

If you had predicted that

1.  I would struggle with infertility

2.  I would end up giving myself an injection

3.  I would have to prick my finger 4 times a day to test blood sugar

All of these things would have brought me to this thought:  "NO WAY" not me.

The first one being I have always felt that my life was littered with bad luck and that there would be no way that I would also have to endure IF.  Just no way this would happen to me.

On the second, I HATE needles and you are saying that I will be willing to poke myself.  That one would have made me shudder.

On the third, I really have never liked the sight of blood.  It makes me want to faint and cringe and all sorts of things.

All of these things have one thing in common: MY SON.

IF is just something I have to live with.  The injection was a no-brainer.  I had to do it or he would not have the chance to exist.  Now with the diagnosis of Gestational Diabetes, I have to do what is best for him and that means knowing what my blood sugar number is.

I always thought that if I had to be on a diet while pregnant that I wouldn't be able to do it.  I am not the dieting type of person.  I have NEVER had to be on one and I personally don't like paying attention to what I eat, but for him I am willing to do anything.  I have not cheated on this once and it has been a week.  Does this mean my numbers are always good? NO.  I am struggling.  I have had a few high numbers and to be honest they freak me out, but I know that I am doing the best that I can.  I will continue to do what I need to for him and it already amazes me what I am willing to do for someone I haven't even met yet.

Until Next Time,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment