Thursday, August 30, 2012

Vitamins, MFI, and (Sister, Mother issues)

Okay so maybe the title is weird, but these are the things I am thinking about in this 2ww.  So I mentioned vitamins in use for helping thicken my lining and dh has been using vitamins for MFI.  For those of you who do not know what MFI is, this stands for Male Factor Infertility.  So basically it is a problem with the guys swimmers.  My dh had a low sperm count and motility was on the low side.  So both of us are on a regimen of pills, I swear I feel like we are old people with as many pills as we take.  For me, I take D for my lining, evening primrose oil for cervical mucus(this I only take up to ovulation), fish oil, prenatal to help my body get ready for pregnancy, and vitamin e.  DH takes pycnogenol for morphology (shape of sperm), Motility Boost which contains several things to help the speed of his swimmers, FertileAid this helps with sperm count and overall is a multivitamin for men. If you don't want the premix vitamins you can get the following: Selenium, Vitamin E, l-arginine, L-carnitine, cq10, and there is probably more but I can't think of it.  Anywho,  hope this helps.  Now onto a little rant.
I don't really have the best family support system.  I love my dad and get along great with him, but my sister and mother are a completely different story.  I have not talked to my mother in almost 10 years.  Don't get me wrong I tried to make things work but she wanted nothing to do with me.  I think this has to do with the fact that I won't apologize for something that was never my fault.  Anyways I was talking to my sister the other night and she told me that my mother had kicked her out and that she swore never to talk to any her kids because they only use her.  All I could think was that this women was allowed to have kids and for what, to throw us to the curb.  Ugh, oh well I am used to it at this point.
Then there is my sister.  I love my sister, but she is irresponsible and cares only for herself.  she is the baby and 6 years younger so maybe I just lack understanding.  She had a baby almost a year ago and it was the most heartbreaking thing for me.  She ended up giving the baby up to a couple she knows.  She does not know of my struggle nor will she.  In the past she has used my pain to hurt me more so I will not allow her to use my infertility as a weapon.  Still she unintentionally hurts me continually.  She told me all about her horrible labor and any other problem that came her way.  I would do anything for a child and for her it was an inconvenience.
Anyways sorry for the rant.  I just had to vent.  Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for all the well wishes during this wonderful 2ww.
Until next time,
Olivia

8 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about making a similar post in regards to all the pills I'm chugging down. I counted them yesterday...14 total.

    I completely understand where you're coming from with the family aspect. I haven't talked to my dad since my wedding day and my brother and sister are on limited contact at the moment as well. I'm so sorry that you're sister has hurt you and continues to hurt you still. Hang in there and keep breathing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I just wish my family could be somewhat normal and there for me. I'm sorry that you are in that place as well with family. It SUCKS!

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry. I have found I love my blog because it is more therapeautic than speaking to some of the ones I love. I love them, but they really just don't understand. I'm really interested in the motility boost. Where did you get this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging is so therapeutic. I hear you completely on the whole thing. I got the motility boost from my acupuncture office, but you can also order it online from:
      http://www.fairhavenhealth.com/motilityboost.html.

      I guess I should have also mentioned how much all this has helped him. He went from 9 million count to the last being 99 million and his motility was 24% and is now at 70%. I don't know if this will work for all, but anything is worth a try. Good Luck!

      Delete
  3. I'm there with you on the family front. I told my mother, but nobody else. I'm not even Facebook friends anymore with ne if my brothers after I realized that he was using Facebook as a way to try and hurt me so there's no way I'd tell him, or any of my other brothers. I would tell my in laws, but mr petals parents are elderly and not well, and everybody else in the family has so many dramas going on that it feels like heaping on the burden for them. In some ways it's better that they're all out of it! I agree with autumn Jones - my small blog community really helps keep me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs a good rant from time to time - glad to lend an ear when you need to get it out of your system. I'm so sorry for what you have had to go through with your mother and your sister. I've had similar situations with both of my sisters but things have been improving lately. Where I previously had no hope of much of a relationship with my older sister, I have hope again. Praying that you and your sister can have a good relationship going forward.

    PS - I think you made the right decision to not tell your sister of your struggles with IF, especially if she uses your pain against you.

    ReplyDelete