Monday, August 20, 2012

Update and Relaxing

So I had my appointment this morning and ...(drum roll)...it looks like all that work I have been doing to increase blood flow and in turn increase my lining paid off.  I have 4 follicles, which are making me a little bloated and my lining was at a 7.9 so I go in on Wednesday and hopefully all 4 follies are still there and my lining gets a little thicker.

On that note I guess I should explain some of what I have been doing.  First and foremost is relaxing.  What exactly does that mean?  I have no clue, I am always so bent up that when someone asks me a question I jump a mile high and almost have a heart attack.  No JOKE!  It is ridiculous, but I am slowly figuring this out.  First things is recognizing when I am way to stressed.  When I get there, I start paying close attention to my body and figure out where the tension is.  I start breathing more deeply and gently give my shoulders and arms slight massages to work the tension out.  I have also taken a liking to meditation music and have been listening to that more frequently.  A massage here and there also helps, but overall I am trying to be conscientious of when I am overdoing things.  My evenings are getting a little quieter and I am trying to meditate more with yoga poses.  I realize this may be hard, but for me I think it is a must at this point or I may have that heart attack.

What do you do to relax and does it work for you?

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.

Until Next Time,

Olivia

7 comments:

  1. Great news on the follicles and lining! I hope it continues to get better for the next u/s.

    For relaxation, I love to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot tea. But mentally taking note of when you are stressed is a great thing too. If I get too stressed, my body takes it out on me in the form of a UTI (real or just the symptoms, either way is not pleasant).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop! Hooray for that lovely lining!

    Mr Petal and I have a nightly ritual of a pot of decaffeinated herbal tea about an hour before bedtime. Tea time means all the chores are done for the night, and all the stuff we have to talk about and sort out etc etc is all addressed and resolved, and so now it's time for just snuggling on the couch and maybe watching time for project runway.

    Also, I have a personal rule of no coffee after midday. It makes me less anxious - but I can't bear to cut it out of my morning routine though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job staying in control of your emotions and finding ways to relax! I enjoy reading, yoga, bike riding, jogging, cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news about your follies and lining!

    To relax I immerse myself in a book for a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haev no idea what relaxing means either. BUt I need a lot of it myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a great plan for trying to relax this cycle. I wish I could find a plan that worked for me. I've struggled with anxiety for years (triggered by stress) and no matter what I do, I can't seem to completely shake it.

    ReplyDelete