Saturday, August 25, 2012

99 million, WHAT?!?

Ok, so no I didn't win the lottery although wouldn't that be nice.  Then again in some way I feel I kinda did.  Now all you ladies out there know what I am talking about in this post.  I had my IUI yesterday and it was AWESOME or as awesome as an IUI can get, if you know what I mean.  First, I was kind of freaked out because the nurse called me back and said the doctor would be joining us.  So you are probably thinking ok why is that a big deal?  Well normally,  Mel, the medical assistant does the insemination and she is the only person I see on that day.  Mind you this is my 3rd one so I know how it goes.  Anyways, I thought the Dr. had bad news for me on the SA so I was slightly freaking out, but there was nothing to be concerned with as the Doctor was just training a new medical assistant on the ultrasound.  So I actually got to see them put the swimmers where they were needed.  AWESOME!

So that brings me to the best news.  My husband sperm count was AMAZING.  It was a WHOPPING 99 million,  yep, my husband is a ROCKSTAR.  For a little background, this has been a huge issue for us.  His first SA came back at 9 million with 30% motility, then things started looking ok and his second was 37.5, which allowed us to get pregnant, but then later miscarry, and his 3rd had me worried as it what at 22.5, but he had a 70% motility score.  So I think things are getting better, but it is just a one month at a time kind of deal and obviously it doesn't matter if we don't get pregnant.  I do feel much better about this cycle with 3.5 follicles, 8.4 lining, and 99 mil swimmers.  I sure hope it works.  Anyways I hope everyone else is doing well in blog land and that you all have a great weekend.

Until Next Time,

Olivia

6 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear your IUI went well! Fingers crossed for a relaxed (as can be) 2WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome numbers! Fingers crossed this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome!! FX this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for checking in so late - I had a crazy weekend last week and then I didn't feel well for a few days. But I'm back and still supporting you!

    That is so awesome that your husband had such an excellent SA for this cycle! Praying this is THE ONE for you!!

    ReplyDelete