Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Symptom Checker

I really really try to relax for the two week wait.  Why, because the first two weeks are spent in crazy mode trying to get everything done.  So I try to relax when I can.  But there always comes a time when I am paying way too much attention to every twinge and every yawn, thinking maybe just maybe I might be pregnant.  So then I start tracking everything within fertility friend, which probably causes me to pay even more attention and so goes the nasty little habit.
My husband, bless his heart, drives this insane behavior whenever I show any sign of the possibility.  For instance, just days after my IUI, we went and saw Brave and for no apparent reason I was bawling at the very end.  It is a very happy movie, there was no reason I should have been crying, but I was.  So he said,"maybe this is a good sign".  Now I know this had to do with the trigger, which was just 4 days prior, or possible high stress levels because there is no way that implantation had occurred at that point.  But my husband does not realize these things and will comment to any degree about the fact that I am pregnant.  The day of the IUI, I came home and he asked,"do you feel pregnant yet?"  He is joking but it drives me crazy.   I love him, he if a sweet man, but he drives me crazy....
On that note, I wish I had a window into my insides so I could cheer on the egg, sperm, and embryo when it forms, plus then I wouldn't examine everything going on with my body.  Oh the joys!
Until next time,
Olivia
P.S.  Sorry for the very incoherent thoughts.  I am not processing things very well at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes guys just don't get it. My husband tries to be funny (quite often) too and sometimes it just isn't.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I did Clomid the second time, I did the same thing with the symptoms. Every twinge of pain I swore I was ovlating. Hahaha, I couldn't have been more wrong :) Guys try to say the right things but more often than not they make us want to punch them.

    ReplyDelete