I have come to love the blogging world. It started with this ridiculous trial and the many brave women sharing their stories. For the last year or so I bounced around from blog to blog taking in the hope and comfort these women shared. I was afraid to really share what I was going through but I really felt that I needed to vent and be part of a community that truly understands what I am going through. The problem was and still is that there are people in my world who would never understand and would throw this obstacle in my face. I then decided, based on a few blogs I read, that I would create this blog under a new identity to ensure my story is told to those whom I feel safe telling it to. I realize it is not a fool proof plan but I want to tell my story and support those that are in the same boat. Do any of you have similar privacy issues and what have you done to prepare for them?
Until next time,
Olivia
Until next time,
Olivia
I just started my blog last week and struggled with whether to share it with friends and family or keep it 100% anonymous. I was unfamiliar with the blogging world, only ever having read one blog regularly prior to creating my own, and I wasn't sure if anyone would find my blog without me providing the link to them directly. One of my main purposes for writing my blog was to make it ok to talk about infertility, particularly my struggles and particularly with people I know. So in order to do that, I decided I needed to share my blog with the people I know. However, I do write it anonymously (as in, I don't use any names even though some of my friends and family know I am the author).
ReplyDeleteI started out small by just telling a few close friends. Then my sisters (yep, I didn't even tell them right away). Then a few other friends and two more family members. I haven't yet shared it with the rest of my family or DH's family. I haven't shared it with his family mostly because they are very religious (I am religious too but I am not as strict as they are in my beliefs) and if they were to read my blog they would see it right there in black and white that DH and I TTC before we were married. So I don't think I will ever share it with them (I respect them but I don't need them judging this part of my life).
I'm also loving the comments I'm receiving on my blog from people I don't know. So it's a little bit of both for me.
(Sorry my comment is so long!) : )
Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping I will be able to share with a few friends, but for right now I am getting my feet wet in the blogging world first.
DeleteWelcome to the IF blogging community. I am also a fairly recent member. My blog is completely anonymous. I don't have pictures of myself, husband, or dog. I don't use names, just initials, which sometimes are not even the real initials, and I don't talk about anything that could lead to my husband's and mine true identities :) The only person that knows I started the blog is my husband and he hasn't even read it (not that I'm keeping him from it, he just hasn't seem interested since we pretty much talk about everything I blog about). This all may change down the road, but for now this is what I am most comfortable with. I use blogging as an outlet, but mostly use it for support from others experiencing the same heartache. I don't have any "real-life" friends who are going through IF or have in the past and it's been amazing to have such a caring support network.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the support and sharing your thoughts. It is sooo nice to have a supportive community.
DeleteGlad to meet you, Olivia. =)
ReplyDeleteI started blogging before we began TTC and that eventually took over my blog. I am now following you and your journey.
Thanks for the support. It is interesting how TTC can do that to a whole lot of things. I feel it overtakes a lot of my life.
DeleteThanks again!
live173直播
ReplyDeletelive173直播
live 173 視訊
live 173 視訊直播
live 173影音視訊
live 173 視訊
live 173 視訊直播
live 173影音視訊
live173影音live秀
影音視訊聊天室 免費視訊聊天室