Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Acupuncture

I remember years ago I had a friend telling me about the wonderful benefits of acupuncture.  At the time I was young and naive and wondered why would someone go through all that trouble over a wheat allergy.  Little did I know I was being prepared for future experiences.  I had a friend who was from Thailand and suffered from secondary IF and was doing acupuncture.  I had just started to think that there might be a problem, but I had such a phobia of needles that I just couldn't imagine going to that length.  This wonderful friend of mine was doing acupuncture for 3 months and was just about to embark on the wonderful experiment that is CLOMID when she found out that she was pregnant.  All I could think was WOW, I guess I could try it when I get desperate.  I wish I had not been such a chicken, but I was and continued down the road of western medication.  Now I am not knocking western medication because obviously it works and I am still going that route, but there are definite benefits to Acupuncture.
CLOMID SUCKED!  That says it all,  I hated hot flashes, I hated the mood swings and for me it never worked the way it was supposed too.  Now combine it with Ovidrel and I am a MONSTER.  Femara was definitely better for me and on that first cycle I got pregnant !YAY! But it didn't last and I had the miscarriage.  Finally, after torture with needles and no success I decided to stop being a wimp and try Acupuncture.  I was DESPERATE!
Acupuncture = LOVE!  Yes, I love acupuncture.  I had heard that it could help with stress along with the infertility and I was all in.  I had been so stressed when I first found out I was pregnant and felt there was no way to relieve it, but now I had this.  My first session was amazing and truly the best thing I have done on this course.  There are no side affects except for the occasional bruise, which I can live with.  Heavens knows the medical assistants do worse to my arms.
On top of all of this I had my first natural cycle ever with Acupuncture last month.  This showed me just how awesome it truly is.
Until next time,
Olivia

4 comments:

  1. I love acupuncture too! This is my first time trying it and I've had 3 sessions so far this cycle. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. I've been reading a book on acupuncture, so please keep your readers posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't looked much into acupuncture yet...I think I will have to do that now! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete