Friday, February 8, 2013

My Return to the Blogosphere

So I guess I wasn't gone entirely the last 3 months, but I have only been hanging around sparsely due to changes that occurred in my work atmosphere. Now that I have finally quit and am home 100% of the time I may finally have some free time to keep everyone updated at least once a week if not more often. You may wonder what in the world would keep me away. You see most of the time I blogged from work and from my phone, but then we had a change in management and he was not fond of my lack of attention even though he had no clue what I was doing. My boss hated this, but there was really nothing he could do and so I backed off and then I just got so busy.

You all may wonder why I would quit my job now. There are 3.5 months left until our little one enters the world and that is a lot of time and I could take maternity leave and blah, blah, blah. Let me tell you.  I have always planned on being a stay-at-home-mom.  Don't get me wrong I loved what I did, but I see importance in being home and given that I can I choose to.  The early departure had a lot to do with my struggle with infertility and my first miscarriage.  For a while, me and my hubby had considered the idea of me quitting and de-stressing.  I am a computer programmer and while I love solving problems I felt that I had too much already in my own personal life.  I made it work somehow, but when this little guy made his debut I knew things would have to change.  So many people kept telling me that my forgetfulness was due to pregnancy brain and I am sure that is part of it, but I felt that my job was taking anything I had left.  On top of all this, I had 2.5 hours worth of commuting to do each day and when I got home I was so entirely exhausted.  Nothing was getting done and on the weekends I didn't really feel like dealing with all the baby stuff that needs to get done.

This little one's room was a complete disaster.  See pictures below.


On top of that he has nothing except for diapers that my MIL gave me and some pacifiers that my hubby went and got for Christmas.  I have no idea on anything else and with 14 weeks left to go I feel immense pressure to get a lot of things done really fast.  That is why I quit.  It may not be for everyone, but it is the best thing for my family.  Plus I have been a little insane lately. So now I am in the process of organizing our house and getting the nursery ready.  FYI, these are not the colors we are using.  I thought I would love them 4 years ago, but now they invoke other feelings and mostly that room is an eye sore to look at right now.

In other news I have finally posted some new bump pics if you are interested.  I hope everyone is doing well.

Until next time,

Olivia

3 comments:

  1. I'm super excited that your'e back in the blog world. It sounds like quitting work was a very good thing for you. Enjoy yourself now :)

    Your bump pics are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quitting your job was the best descision, so congrats! Glad to see you back in the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you're back blogging! Congrats on your decision to stay home! i think it's wonderful, and I probably would choose to do the same if the option were for me. I hope you really get to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, and enjoy nesting till the little one arrives!!

    ReplyDelete