Thursday, February 21, 2013

Acupuncture and Pregnancy

So I have written about Acupuncture before in terms of using it to help me get pregnant and also in hopes that it would keep me from possibly having a repeat miscarriage.  I continue to go to acupuncture appointments even though at this point it is probably not necessary.  I was surprised on one of my phone apps to see Acupuncture come up and the question of whether or not it is safe during pregnancy.  The one answer said they would not recommend this in early pregnancy.  I guess this should not surprise me as a lot of sights freak out at the idea of doing anything in the first trimester, but I feel that it was one of the few things that kept me from going insane.  Obviously, everyone should make the judgement call for themselves, but I guess I wanted to put my thoughts out there.
  • I think this is a great way to calm yourself and help you have some time to relax
  • I also think you should make sure the person is qualified.  This is a big deal whether you decide to do this for infertility reasons or pregnancy because they need to know what points shouldn't be used.  That being said my acupuncturist works for a clinic that specializes in infertility and everything to do with it and they are recommended by several RE's offices.
  • There are things acupuncture can do for you in a natural sense where as you may have needed medication.  For instance, I was having really bad allergies and it wasn't until I saw my doctor that I really started to clear up.  The 2 medications I was allowed were not really working for me.  She also helped my digestive system work a whole lot better.
This is not for everyone, but I encourage anyone who has an interest to keep an open mind.

Until next time,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment