Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Here comes my FAVORITE holiday!  I have always love Thanksgiving the best.  Maybe because not too much is expected and the best food is always there.  What I mean by not much is expected is that Christmas you have to give people gifts and while that can be fun these days it feels like a chore.  No one ever knows what they want and I don't know what to give people.  With Thanksgiving nothing really is expected just bring the dish everyone was asked to bring and if you are hosting well then you know what to do and to be thankful for something.  Plus did I mention the food.  Oh boy, I better watch it or I will gain all the weight I need to for this pregnancy tonight.  I LOVE IT.  Now here are all the things I am thankful for on this splendid Thanksgiving holiday.
  • I am thankful for food!
  • I am thankful that I am in the second trimester and that I finally like food!
    • There are slight exceptions to that like when I ignore the loud yelling voice saying "I'M HUNGRY" then I get nauseous or
    • When I decide to overdue it and eat way too much apparently that is a no-no when pregnant because then everything comes back up again.  UGH!
  •  I am thankful for a belly belt to extend my jeans a little longer.  Seriously ladies invest in one of these unless you are fine with maternity clothes, but I don't like how I look in maternity pants so these are a life saver.
  • I am thankful for my hilarious husband.  His take on things through this entire journey as always kept me smiling.  Here are some examples of his awesomeness:
    • The first time he got to see Wandy (as some of you call it or just the trans-vaginal ultrasound) He decided it was the stick shift because of the way that the doctor moved it around.  So we always laugh about that.
    • He has started calling my uterus a water-balloon which I guess makes sense in his eyes since it is expanding like a balloon and has liquid in it.
    • Since about 12 weeks he learned that the baby will start to move when my lower abdomen is prodded and so now he pokes me in the abdomen constantly saying that he is giving the baby a workout.  I love this boy, but he is officially banned from poking my stomach and when he does I poke back.
  • I am thankful for friends that stick by as I have gone through this journey.
  • I am also thankful for this wonderful blogging community that has provided me so much in the way of support and for all the wonderful friends that I have made.  I so wish that I could meet you terrific ladies.
  • And most of all I am so very THANKFUL for this little human growing inside me.  I never thought I would make it this far and to those that are still trying I hope and pray that you get what you are wishing for.
Anyways I hope we can all pause today and find something even the small things to be grateful for.

Until next time,

Olivia

5 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for your friendship (more than you'll ever even know) and I'm also thankful you're doing so well! Looove the bump pics, too. You are the most adorable pregnant lady ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thanksgiving for the very same reasons! And I hate xmas for the same too...I dislike the stupid idiotic gifts I get, just for the sake of giving something. I'd really rather not having anything. And I also don't like trying to think of what to get everyone. My solution for the last few years, and this year included, is to bake some cookies and treats to give people. At least this way they can hopefully like some of the things and if they don't like them, they can pass them on or toss them out. No junk to gather in their house. :)

    Congrats for the second trimester and being able to eat again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like baking treats to, but the last few years I just haven't had the time. I sure hope to get into it more. Thanks!

      Delete