So me and my hubby have had this discussion and that is when we should tell everyone. In my last pregnancy we told all family as soon as we got the first beta, close friends after first ultrasound, which looked good, and then we had to break the news of the miscarriage. This was hard for me, so many people were hopeful and happy for us and I felt I had dashed those hopes. Which is weird since I was probably more disappointed than all of them. The other thing about telling everyone so quickly is that the good news traveled fast while the bad news was passed around much slower. My brother-in-law's new wife sent a congratulations card but we didn't get it until 2 weeks after loosing the baby. I know she didn't mean any harm by it but it did cause a lot of tears. So that brings us to the present.
We decided that we would tell close in-state family and my dad (lives out of state) after our 6 week appointment. Once we make it to our 10 week appointment we will tell other family members and close friends and then after the NT scan we will tell work and announce on Facebook.
I'm not superstitious I just realize the heartache I went through once and like to be private in my pain, except for on here, of course, this is my place to vent. There are only 2 people (in my real life) that are privy to this blog so of course they know, but I would tell them anything really. I appreciate everyone's comments and support.
Until next time,
Olivia
We decided that we would tell close in-state family and my dad (lives out of state) after our 6 week appointment. Once we make it to our 10 week appointment we will tell other family members and close friends and then after the NT scan we will tell work and announce on Facebook.
I'm not superstitious I just realize the heartache I went through once and like to be private in my pain, except for on here, of course, this is my place to vent. There are only 2 people (in my real life) that are privy to this blog so of course they know, but I would tell them anything really. I appreciate everyone's comments and support.
Until next time,
Olivia
I've thought of the same thing for when the time does come. I'd like to think I could wait until the end of the first trimester, but the truth is, I have a big mouth.
ReplyDeletesounds like a good plan. I can only imagine the worry/fear one would have for telling people the 2nd time. May you have nothing to worry about and all go swimmingly well.
ReplyDeleteI wish you all the best, it is so hard after pregnancy loss to be able to feel that hope and excitement. On the flip side I think in many ways when we made it to that magic 12-14 weeks I think we are so much more grateful and appreciate the incredible gift we have been given so much more.
ReplyDeleteI agree that less is more in regard to telling people after loss... you have have just been terribly unlucky which happens, but 'untelling' is so awful I wouldn't ever want to do it again. I'm not telling my own parents until about 20 weeks (when I will next see them!)
I'm happy to hear you and your hubby were able to agree on a plan of when to tell people. I can understand being extra cautious this time but I have such a good feeling about this pregnancy for you!
ReplyDeleteI think 10 weeks is good. I know the rule of thumb is 3 months, after the biggest risk is past which is just about what you decided. I think everyone who knows and loves you will understand too, not only about why you waited but also but about being cautious and guarded throughout. They are taking the journey with you too, even though its from the sideline. **hug**
ReplyDelete173 影音 live 秀免費視訊
ReplyDeletelive173影音live秀-免費視訊
Live173app
Live173app
LIVE173影音視訊live秀
LIVE173影音視訊live秀
live137影音秀
live137影音秀
愛秀視訊聊天室
愛秀視訊聊天室