Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The loss of innocence

I've heard people talk about this in regards to pregnancy and that is that a previous miscarriage takes away the joy of a new pregnancy and replaces it with fear.  I had a miscarriage and the fear is now very present.  For the most part I try not to think about.  Unless there is spotting or cramping there is nothing I can worry about, but I do worry.  I worry about sex, going down a flight of stairs, how much I lift, everything.  I want to make sure I've done everything perfectly so this all goes right. I know only 5% of women have consecutive miscarriages, but I can't help thinking I will end up in that selective group anyways sorry for the rant.  This is just where my thoughts are today.
until next time,
Olivia

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I know how you feel completely. A miscarriage is horrible, and I remember going through everything of things I shoulda or coulda done, searching for the possible answer. I asked my doctor about this this week, and she said that in reality, 98% of miscarriages happen because they are not genetically strong, so try to have faith. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% with you. When I was preg with my third, my second jumped on my stomach and I was terrified for several hours. I also had an incident with my third when I lost a good amount of blood and went to the ER. Nothing can describe that feeling, and it makes you want to just not move until you know your baby is safe in the world where you can see them. Thing is, once they get out you get even more worried. If a miscarriage can teach you anything at all, it's to love every minute of every life no matter how small and to celebrate it, even when you lose it. Especially when you lose it. Even now with 3 beautiful happy girls I pray every single night to keep them safe and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you have to face this fear. I've never had so much as a chemical pregnancy so this is one of the IF fears I have yet to face (and hopefully never will). Sending you lots of big hugs and prayers for a happy and healthy remainder of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete