Thursday, October 3, 2013

Internet Discussions

So I have discovered some things that leave a bad taste in my mouth.  Mind you this has absolutely nothing to do with those that comment or read my blog that I know of.  No one has ever gone and been offensive towards me for something I believed in doing.   I also don't really write about hugely controversially things.  Since I have started trying to get pregnant, gotten pregnant, and became a mother I noticed that there are some people that just want to judge, horribly criticize, and badger other people for their beliefs.  Now if someone is doing terrible harm or something I could see saying something, for instance they get on their blog and talk about how they shook their baby, but anything else shouldn't matter.

The place I see this the most is forums and in particular parenting forums.  People get downright rude.  It seems that if you bring up the following items you will get people who are so harsh it make the Internet community a difficult place to be.

Apparently you should not discuss:
  • Vaccines
  • Circumcision
  • Induction
  • Solid Foods before 6 months
  • Mittens on babies (Not even joking here)  I ran into a horrible thread on how horrible parents are for putting these on there babies.
  • babies standing up
  • Formula
  • Natural Birth
  • Sleep Methods
To be honest I am not sure anyone should discuss anything because eventually your feelings will get hurt.  I was reading one blog in which the person underwent donor egg and she would get nasty comments all the time.  I know some are trolls, but some people actually feel that they have to berate others when their thoughts are not parallel.  This makes me sad.  I think people should feel free to share what they think and in regards to parenting I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it as long as you love your child and you aren't abusive.  Otherwise do want you think is in their best interest.  Only you know what your child needs.

I love all who read my blog and I love hearing about others parenting ideas.  It gives me ideas and I love the free flow.  I hope I never leave anyone feeling like I judged them.  That being said I think it is ok to share an opinion even if it is differing from mine.

Until next time,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment