Thursday, September 26, 2013

Update on the little guy...

So I thought I would do a quick update in regards to my little guy.  I will eventually elaborate on all things, but I feel as if I have never told anyone anything about this little guy and he is my world.  So here goes:
  • He tends to sleep well I think.  We are down to one waking during the night and there are times where hes sleep right through.  The first time happened right before he turned 3 months and I was so worried I had to check on him several times through the night.
  • He is finally taking decent naps and that is a whole post of its own
  • We are still breastfeeding, my goal is 1 year, but I think I may surpass that as I am not sure how or when I want to quit, but it will be before he is 18 months.  I guess you never know what will happen, but that is the plan.
  • He just started solids as my pediatrician recommended it since he was showing signs that he was ready.  We started with rice cereal, but have just barely started with bananas.  I will be making my own baby food as I kinda detest the jar stuff.
  • This boy is a chunk.  He gained 9 lbs in 4 months and is doing well.  He is also really long.  The doctor said he was in the 90th percentile for height and 50-75th percentile for weight.  When he was born he was only in the 5th percentile for weight so that gives you some idea of his curve which is definitely not average.  I am so happy with this because I don't feel I have to worry about how much he is getting.
  • He coos, laughs, and smiles all the time.  He is a super happy baby and he has started to roll from back to tummy.  He did do the tummy to back a few times last month, but has since forgotten how and every time he gets on his tummy he gets mad and yells.  We have noticed that he is trying to get his knees under him and wonder if he will be crawling sooner then we would like.  Not that I would hold back his development, but I love cuddles and I don't think he would want to do this much once he starts moving around.
I am sure that I am forgetting something but for now I will leave you with one of his first pics and then his 4 month pic.

7 days old

4 months old






























Until next time,

Olivia

1 comment: