Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Year Ago...

I was just entering my first trimester after my miscarriage.  I didn't know this would be the case then, but I now have a little bouncing boy to show for all that.  I look back at it all and it feels like centuries ago.  Do I regret any of it? No.  Would I have changed my journey? No.  I was talking to a friend not too long ago and I found out that she had suffered a miscarriage recently.  She has two beautiful children, but she feels her family isn't complete.  I felt so bad for her because no matter where we are in our journey even if we already have children that loss or that feeling that something is missing is so real.  I am so thankful for what I have, but I grief for all that are still in this struggle.  My husband and I  have already started discussing a second because we know that it probably will not happen without help.  We came to this decision and some of you might think I am crazy, but we are not preventing.  Right now I am breastfeeding and my hope is that has I slowly wean my little guy off that my hormones will start to fall in line and we will conceive again and naturally this time.  I don't have a lot of hope for this, but I don't want to prevent it from happening.

What are your thoughts?  What are you doing in the aftermath, if you have already had a child or even if you haven't?

I know some want to enjoy the child(ren) they have, but I am just afraid of missing the chance and don't worry I am enjoying every minute.

Let me know what you think....

Olivia

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you! We're not preventing either. (I told hubby that I was not going back on birth control, esp since it took us 3,5 years and tons of help to get pregnant. If he wants to be sure of no pregnancy, he has to do something, and I*m sure that ain't happening. :D) So far, I've have 5 periods post pregnancy, the boy is just over a year old and nothing. Not that I expect it to happen naturally, but it would be pretty cool if it did. At some point we'll need to talk and decide what we are going to do about our frozen embryo and if we want to try another round of IVF or not.

    ReplyDelete