Saturday, August 6, 2016

Embracing your normal

I have been caught in a very weird for me world.  I feel my identity changing constantly and that leaves me wondering where I belong.  I actually don't think anyone belongs anywhere our life stories make us very unique.  Just because we share the same experiences doesn't mean we feel or see them the same way.  I'm constantly reminding myself this as I read others stories.  I used to be infertile then I had a natural baby, a nurse once referred to infertility as sub fertility mainly to mean that it didn't mean you couldn't have kids you just had to try harder. At the time I didn't really think about it but now I wonder if that is where I belong.  W was conceived in one cycle of charting, no help.  I thought it could happen again but maybe lightning doesn't strike twice. I feel generally okay and remind myself constantly that I'm very blessed.  I know the struggles of some out there and I've been lucky by far, but since W I find myself struggling to accept once more that I may or may not be like the women around me. Just some thoughts for the day.

Olivia

1 comment: